The following operations can be performed simply by carrying the electronic key on your person, for example in your pocket.
The driver should always carry the electronic key.
- Locks and unlocks the doors
- Front door handles
- Sliding door handles
- Back door
- Starts and stops the engine
- Antennas outside cabin
- Antennas inside cabin
- Antenna outside luggage compartment
Effective range (areas within which the electronic key is detected)
When locking or unlocking the
doors The system can be operated when the electronic key is within about 2.3 ft. (0.7 m) of either of the front outside door handles. (Only the doors detecting the key can be operated.) When starting the engine or
changing engine switch modes
The system can be operated when the electronic key is inside the vehicle.
Alarms and warning indicators
An alarm sounds and warning messages are displayed on the multi-information display are used to protect against unexpected accidents or theft of the vehicle resulting from erroneous operation. When a warning message is displayed, take appropriate measures based on the displayed message.
When only an alarm sounds, circumstances and correction procedures are as follows.
|Exterior alarm sounds once for 10 seconds||An attempt was made to lock the vehicle while a door is open||Close all of the doors and lock the doors again|
|Interior alarm pings continuously||The engine switch was turned to ACCESSORY mode while the driver’s door was open (or the driver’s door was opened while the engine switch was in ACCESSORY mode)||Turn the engine switch off and close the driver’s door|
In the following circumstances, the entry function is disabled in order to prevent the vehicle battery from discharging and the electronic key battery from discharging.
Conditions affecting operation
Notes for the entry function
- Even when the electronic key is within the effective range (detection areas), the system may not operate properly in the following cases.
- The electronic key is too close to the window or outside door handle, near the ground, or in a high place when the doors are locked or unlocked.
- The electronic key is on the instrument panel, floor or in the glove box when the engine is started or engine switch modes are changed.
- Do not leave the electronic key on top of the instrument panel or near the door pockets when exiting the vehicle. Depending on the radio wave reception conditions, it may be detected by the antenna outside the cabin and the door will become lockable from the outside, possibly trapping the electronic key inside the vehicle.
- As long as the electronic key is within the effective range, the doors may be locked or unlocked by anyone. However, only the doors detecting the electronic key can be used to unlock the vehicle.
- The doors may unlock or lock if a large amount of water splashes on the door handle, such as in the rain or in a car wash when the electronic key is within the effective range. (The doors will automatically be locked after approximately 60 seconds if the doors are not opened and closed.)
- If the wireless remote control is used to lock the doors when the electronic key is near the vehicle, there is a possibility that the door may not be unlocked by the smart key system. (Use the wireless remote control to unlock the doors.)
- If power slide door is unable to operate due to prohibition by the power sliding door main switch, the door unlock and open operation will not be performed.
Note for locking the doors
Notes for the unlocking function
- Gripping the front door handle when wearing a glove may not unlock or lock the door.
- A sudden approach to the effective range or door handle operation may prevent the doors from being unlocked. In this case, return the door handle to the original position and check that the doors have unlocked before pulling the door handle.
- If there is another electronic key in the detection area, it may take slightly longer to unlock the doors after one of the front door handles is gripped or one of sliding door handles is pulled.
When the vehicle is not driven for extended periods
- To prevent theft of the vehicle, do not leave the electronic key within 6 ft.
(2 m) of the vehicle.
- The smart key system can be deactivated in advance.
To operate the system properly
Make sure to carry the electronic key when operating the system. Do not get the electronic key too close to the vehicle when operating the system from the outside of the vehicle.
Depending on the position and holding condition of the electronic key, the key may not be detected correctly and the system may not operate properly. (The alarm may go off accidentally, or the door lock prevention may not operate.)
If the smart key system does not operate properly
- Locking and unlocking the doors: Use the mechanical key.
- Starting the engine
Certification for the smart key system
- For vehicles sold in the U.S.A.
FCC ID: HYQ14ADR FCC ID: HYQ14AEH FCC ID: HYQ13CZM FCC ID: HYQ13CZN FCC ID: NI4TMLF8-20
NOTE: This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC WARNING: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- For vehicles sold in Canada
NOTE: Alien gear owb is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must east boston savings bank orient heights any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
This device complies with Industry Canada licence-exempt RSS standard(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Settings (e.g. smart key system) can be changed.
If the smart key system has been deactivated in a customized setting
- Locking and unlocking the doors: Use the wireless remote control or mechanical key.
- Starting the engine and toyota smart key deactivation switch location engine switch modes:
- Stopping the engine:
Caution regarding interference with electronic devices
Ask your Toyota dealer for details for disabling the entry function.
(a) WHEN MEASURING RESISTANCE OF ELECTRONIC PARTS (1) Unless otherwise stated, all resistance measurements should be made at an ambient temperature of 20°C (68°F). Resistance measurements may be inaccurate if measured at high temperatures, i.e. immediately after the vehicle has been running .
toyota smart key deactivation switch location 1. REMOVE SIDE DEFROSTER NOZZLE DUCT NO.1 (a) Remove the 2 screws <C> and defroster nozzle duct No. 1. 2. REMOVE SIDE DEFROSTER NOZZLE DUCT NO.2 (a) Remove the 2 screws <C> and defroster nozzle duct No. chime mobile app login. 3. REMOVE DEFROSTER NOZZLE ASSEMBLY (a) Remove the 4 screws <C> and d .
No Master/ Connection Check Error
DTC 01-D6 No Master DTC 01-D7 Connection Check Error DESCRIPTION HINT: *1: Even if no fault is present, this trouble code may be stored depending on the battery condition or engine start voltage. *2: When 210 seconds have elapsed after disconnecting the power supply .