San Jose Public Library- East San Jose Carnegie Branch. 1102 E. Santa Clara St., San Jose, CA, 95116 - View Map (408) 808-3075 http://www.sjpl.org/. The East San Jose Carnegie Branch Library is a Carnegie library in San Jose, California, USA. It opened in 1908 and is the last Carnegie library in Santa. Over 16,944 people in San Jose have found the best internet provider with InternetAdvisor. #1 Best Choice East San Jose Carnegie Branch Library(Closed). GoPro Weather Forecast Image (NOAA) east san jose carnegie branch library InfoPlease
California Carnegie Buildings
Carnegie libraries in California were funded through grants offered by the Carnegie Corporation around the turn of the 20th East san jose carnegie branch library. Andrew Carnegie became a wealthy steel producer, but the poor Scottish immigrant had to work his way up the ranks to become such a force. Although he was credited with building the empire that became U.S. Steel, he started his life in the U.S. working menial jobs in factories, building upon his experience, but never dismissing his passion for reading & learning.
Carnegie spread the love of reading and books throughout the world by creating matching grants to build libraries in the U.S. and mostly European countries. By crafting the program in this manner, the local buy-in created critical success!
Carnegie libraries in California-- 142 public libraries were built from 121 grants (totaling $2,779,487) awarded by the Carnegie Corporation of New York from 1899 to 1917. In addition, academic libraries were built at 2 institutions (totaling $60,000).Alameda Free Library October 3, 1899 $35,000 2264 Santa Clara Ave., Alameda, California. Opened in 1903, this Wilcox east san jose carnegie branch library Curtis Neoclassical building (also described as Classical Revival). Builders were C.H. Foster and Son of Alameda.
Alturas November 20, 1908 $10,000 201 S. Court St. 41�29′2.56″N 120�32′27.42″W This east san jose carnegie branch library, designed by F. J. DeLongchamps, opened in 1918 and served as a library until 1947. It now houses law offices.
Anaheim February 6, 1907 $10,000 241 S. Anaheim Blvd. 33�50′3.46″N 117�54′48.57″W A John C. Austin work, this building opened in 1909. It was a library until 1963, and it has been home to the Anaheim Museum since 1987. Later renamed Muzeo.
Antioch June 1, 1915 $2,500 519 F St. 38�0′51.77″N 121�48′44.6″W This Francis Reid Neoclassical design was Antioch's library from its opening in 1916 until 1967. It is currently a church.
Auburn March 9, 1907 $10,000 175 Almond St. 38�53′59.03″N 121�4′19.09″W From May 26, 1909 to 1968, this Allen D. Fellows Classical Revival building was the Auburn library. Currently, it is an arts center.
Bayliss District January 5, 1916 $4,000 7830 County East san jose carnegie branch library. 39 Bayliss sought a grant in conjunction with rural parts of Glenn County, hence its unusual name. Opened in 1917, this W. H. Weeks design continues to operate as one of the most rural Carnegie libraries in the country.
Beaumont April 28, 1913 $10,000 125 E. Eighth St. 33�55′55.85″N 116�58′51.95″W Opened in 1914, this Neoclassical design by E. L. Hopkins has always served the Beaumont area as a library.
Biggs April 23, 1906 $5,000
Calexico March 16, 1915 $10,000 420 Heber Avenue Currently in the Calexico Public Library system, after several years of idleness east san jose carnegie branch library completely restored and reopened as a computer lab, with free wifi offering access to the vast library that is the internet. Inducted into the National Register of Historic Places in 2005 (Building #05001085).
Chico January 7, 1904 $10,000
Chula Vista March 31, 1916 $10,000
Clovis March 11, 1914 $7,000
Colton Colton Area April 10, 1906 $10,000 380 North LaCadena Drive, Colton, CA 92324 Currently the Colton Museum. Designed by east san jose carnegie branch library Franklin P. Burnham, a temple style Classical Revival building, with pediment and columns, two fireplaces and skylight above a central rotunda. It served as both library and community center. In 1982 it was carefully restored to house the museum.
Colusa January 19, 1905 $10,000
Concord June 1, 1915 $2,500
Corning August 11, 1913 $10,000
Corona March 25, 1905 $11,500
Dixon November 21, 1911 $10,000 Currently the Dixon Unified School District Library. Dixon is one of only three California Carnegie communities to obtain f chord acoustic guitar library as a high school district rather than city or county. Designed by architects Parker and Kenyon, in the Mission Revival-Classical Revival style, and designated as historically significant by the Dixon city council in 1988.
East San José Carnegie Branch Library
United States historic place
The East San José Carnegie Branch Library is a Carnegie library in San Jose, California, USA. It opened in 1908 and is the last Carnegie library in Santa Clara County still operating as a public library. It is a part of the San José Public Library.
Originally the only library in East San Jose, built for $7,000 in 1907, the library joined the City of San Jose system when East San Jose was annexed by San Jose. The original building was renovated and added to in 1981. In 1990 it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Another renovation of the branch, including a 10,000-square-foot (930 m2) addition to the original historic structure, was begun on February 14, 2008. The ribbon-cutting ceremony for the newly reopened branch took place at 11:00am on August 29, 2009. The East San Jose Carnegie Library received LEED Silver certification and the 2010 Citation Award as a Distinguished Building in the adaptive re-use/renovation project category by the Santa Clara Valley Chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
The Library features a family learning center, community room, 21 east san jose carnegie branch library, many family-oriented services and special language materials.
Notice: Undefined variable: z_bot in /sites/msofficesetup.us/how/east-san-jose-carnegie-branch-library.php on line 136
Notice: Undefined variable: z_empty in /sites/msofficesetup.us/how/east-san-jose-carnegie-branch-library.php on line 136