how can i access my w2 online

How do I accept consent to receive my W-2 electronically? Go to, and login in to AccessAU HR using your network log in. Navigate to: Main. Sign into your account · Find the Human Resources or Payments page · Look for Personal Documents, Wage Information, or Tax Forms · Make sure you're. MORE: The fastest way to get your tax refund. 2. Search your email. Many companies now give workers electronic access to company documents, including tax.

: How can i access my w2 online

How can i access my w2 online
How can i access my w2 online
Where is your bank account number on checks
How can i access my w2 online
How can i access my w2 online

How can i access my w2 online -

How to Get Your W-2 From a Previous Employer

Information regarding browser or device support

Oh no! We may not fully support the browser or device software you are using!

To experience our site in the best way possible, please update your browser or device software, or move over to another browser.

IRS Forms

There are certain documents you need to have to file your tax return and your Form W-2, also known as your wage and tax statement, is one of them. Companies are required to issue W-2's no later than January 31 so you can file your tax return and they can verify your tax return includes all your income and withholding. The deadline is extended by a few days if January 31 falls on a weekend.

Why Do I Need a W-2?

All employers must file a W-2 for each employee. This document reports the amount of income you earned at that job, as well as your federal, state, Social Security, and Medicare taxes withheld. In addition, your W-2 offers details on other contributions you made during the year, such as those related to your retirement fund and healthcare.

If you have switched jobs, you will need to get a W-2 from your former employer as well as your current employer before you file your tax return. This can be a little confusing at the best of times and can be even trickier if a former employer doesn’t cooperate.

What If My Previous Employer Refuses to Send My W-2?

If you do not receive a physical copy of your W-2 by mid-February, there are some steps you can take to follow up:

Contact your former employer directly. Reach out to the HR department of your former organization and confirm they have the correct contact information for you. If the organization is a small startup without a formal HR department, then try speaking to your former boss. If there has been an honest mistake, it is likely that a single phone call will clear up the matter.

If directly reaching out doesn’t help, it’s time to contact the IRS. If your former employer does not act on your request for following up on your W-2 or you are unable to reach them, then it is time to reach out to the IRS. Provide the IRS with:

  • Your name, address, Social Security number and phone number.
  • Employer’s name, address and phone number.
  • Employment dates.
  • Estimate of wages and federal income tax withheld in 2020. Use a final pay stub for these amounts

It is also possible you have misplaced your W-2 or are wondering about how to get a W-2 from previous years you may have lost. Again, contacting your employer or former employer is the best way to accomplish this task.

What If My W-2 Arrives Late?

If you have reason to believe you will not get your W-2 in time for you to meet the tax-filing deadline, request a filing extension from the IRS. If neither you nor the IRS can get your actual W-2, the IRS will tell you to complete a Form 4852, Substitute Form W-2 and 1099-R. You will need your last pay stub to create the substitute W-2.

About the Author

Mark Steber is Senior Vice President and Chief Tax Information Officer for Jackson Hewitt. With over 30 years of experience, he oversees tax service delivery, quality assurance and tax law adherence. Mark is Jackson Hewitt’s national spokesperson and liaison to the Internal Revenue Service and other government authorities. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), holds registrations in Alabama and Georgia, and is an expert on consumer income taxes including electronic tax and tax data protection.

More about Mark SteberOur Editorial Policy

Related Articles

5 Financial Moves to Make When You're Young

Financial Moves to Make When You're Young

The challenge of being young often boils down to having a limited income. After all, it stands to reason that the further along you progress in your career, the more money you stand to earn, and the newer you are to the workforce, the lower your paycheck reads. But in spite of this, it still pays to focus on certain financial goals when you're young. Here are a few key moves that could set the stage for a lifetime of success.

View more
A Step-by-Step Guide to Filling Out 2020’s New W-4 Form

A Step-by-Step Guide to Filling Out 2020’s New W-4 Form

There’s a familiar ritual to starting a new job, isn’t there? You’re escorted to your desk, introduced to your new co-workers, and handed paperwork to fill out, especially a trusty old W-4. Well, the ritual remains, but how you fill out your W-4 is about to change.

View more
How to Handle Taxes for Summer Jobs and Seasonal Work

How to Handle Taxes for Summer Jobs and Seasonal Work

Warm weather, sunny days, and more daylight can make summer a great time to earn extra money. Summer jobs can range from driving for a rideshare service to working shifts at your local restaurant or retail store. Whether you are a teacher who is off for the summer, a college student looking for extra cash, or someone who just wants some additional income, don’t forget Uncle Sam at tax time.

View more

Why Jackson Hewitt®?

We see you

Our Tax Pros will connect with you one-on-one, answer all your questions, and always go the extra mile to support you.

We got you

We have flexible hours, locations, and filing options that cater to every hardworking tax filer.

We fight for you

We won't stop until you get every dollar you deserve, guaranteed. It's what we've been doing for over 35 years.


2020 W-2 Forms

Boston University’s Payroll office generated electronic 2020 W-2 forms for all employees on January 19th.

Active employees can access their 2020 W-2 forms by logging into BUworks Central and clicking on the Employee Self Service tab. Under “Pay”, employees should click on W-2 Display to view their 2020 W-2 form. To print your W-2, please follow these instructions.

Additionally, we are encouraging employees to “elect” to receive your W-2 online only for next year. By opting in for online only, you will be able to see your W-2 earlier, file sooner for your refund, contribute to the University’s sustainability efforts and save the University cost of printing and mailing paper copies. We hope everyone will “elect” to receive the W-2 form in electronic form only. If you wish to opt-in for paperless W-2 forms, please follow these instructions.

We surveyed our peer institutions, and found that the percentage of employees who opt in for electronic W-2s ranges from 30% to 90% — please opt in, and help us to be at the top end of that range!

Employees who did not elect to receive their W-2 electronically or who do not have access to BUworks Employee Self Service were mailed their W-2 on January 19th. Inquiries for reprinted or resent W-2 forms should be sent to and requests will be handled on a first-come, first serve, basis. Active employees should access their W-2 forms via Employee Self Service before contacting the Payroll office.

Additional information regarding W-2 forms can be found on our FAQ page and on Understanding your W-2.


I misplaced or didn't receive my W-2. How can I get a copy?

For Home Healthcare Providers duplicate W-2 requests, please call the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) at 800-979-4662.

For State of Michigan Employees:

You may request duplicate W-2's for the most recent calendar year beginning February 15.

1.  The DTMB-Office of Financial Management handles the duplicate W-2 and 1095-C requests.  Please call the Duplicate W-2 and 1095-C Request Line at 517-241-0045, and leave a voice message providing the following information:

  • Name

  • Employee Identification Number

  • Last 4 digits of your Social Security Number

  • A daytime telephone number where you can be reached

  • Year(s) duplicate W-2 is needed (for up to the most recent 5 years)

  • Current Mailing Address

  • State Government Agency (Corrections, DTMB, etc.)

NOTE: If your need for a duplicate W-2 arises as a result of a change of address you will need to make sure that your new mailing address is correct in HRMN before requesting a duplicate W-2 (OFM will only mail your duplicate W-2 to the address in HRMN).  You may review and update your address in HRMN via your online employee self-service account or by contacting MI HR Service Center at 877-766-6447 (Option #1).

2.  Make your request via e-mail:

Submit your request to OFM at

Include the information requested above and enter "Duplicate W-2" as the subject line.

Once your request has been received, you may expect to receive your duplicate W-2 within 2 weeks.


How do I access Namely Payroll to retrieve past paystubs or W-2s as an inactive employee?

If you are no longer employed by a company that uses Namely, you can still access your previous payroll records, including Pay Stubs and W-2s, by logging into

You will receive an email from Namely Payroll with the subject line Reset Password in your personal email inbox when your tenure with your prior employer ends. It contains a link that allows you to reset your password, which can be used to log in to Namely Payroll to view your payroll documents.

Please note, the password reset link expires after 24 hours.

Once your password is reset, go to and log in using your personal email address and your new password.

After logging in, click Pay Checks to access your past pay stubs. W-2 forms can be reviewed by clicking Reports

It is important to note that your final W-2 from your previous company will not be available until January of the following year. 

If you are experiencing difficulties logging in to Namely Payroll, please reach out to your previous company’s HR administrator. They will be able to assist you in accessing your account. 

Please note: Only your previous employer can grant you access to Namely Payroll. Namely cannot provide access to an employee’s account.



How Can I Get a Copy of My W-2?

Have you lost your W-2? Not filed your prior year tax returns and can’t locate your tax documents? The Social Security Administration can give you copies/printouts of your Forms W-2 for any year from 1978 to the present. The IRS has the information in free electronic format for 10 years.

Per the SSA website FAQs , you can get free copies if you need them for a Social Security-related reason. However, there is a fee of $37 for each year if you need them for an unrelated reason (such as completing your income tax returns).

The Internal Revenue Service will give you a W-2 transcript for free. See IRS Prior Year W-2 info. However, the free IRS information does not include your state tax withholding information which could be needed to complete your state tax return. The IRS only retains actual copies of Form W-2 as an attachment to your tax return for prior years. So to order an actual copy of the W-2 from the IRS use Form 4506 and pay the $50 fee.

When you write to the SSA, be sure to include:

  • Your Social Security number;
  • The exact name shown on your Social Security card;
  • Any different names shown on your W-2;
  • Your complete mailing address;
  • The year(s) for which you need copies;
  • Your daytime telephone number; and
  • The reason for your request. If you don’t have a Social Security related reason, you will owe the $37 fee for each year.

Send your request with a check or money order payable to the Social Security Administration. Please include your Social Security number on the check or money order. You also can pay with a credit card by completing Form-714. Regular credit card rules apply.

Please send your request to:

Social Security Administration
Office of Central Operations
Division of Earnings and Business Services
P.O. Box 33003
Baltimore, MD 21290-3003

By Melinda Nelson, CPA


How to Retrieve W-2 Forms From a Previous Tax Year

The Internal Revenue Service website says that you should keep copies of your tax returns, including W-2 attachments, for at least three years after filing. These documents come in handy if the Internal Revenue Service decides to audit your return or if you ever need to show proof of income. If you are missing a W-2 from a prior tax year and need to get previous year W2 copies, you have several ways to retrieve it.

Contact Your Employer

If your employer is still in business, contact your payroll department for a copy of your W-2. Some employers have a self-service option for current and former employees to print W-2s online. Federal law says that employers must keep copies of employee W-2s for at least four years, though your employer may keep them for a longer time. Your employer or payroll service provider may charge a fee to issue replacement W-2s.

Get Help From the IRS

Starting at the end of February, you may call the IRS's designated toll-free number to order a copy of W2 forms filed for you. The IRS will contact your previous employer by mail on your behalf to obtain a copy of the form. Before calling, you'll need to have your contact information, including your social security number, and the contact information for your employer. Most importantly, you'll need the dates you worked for the employer and an estimate of your earnings. You'll also need to have an idea of the federal income tax that was withheld from your earnings. If you look at your final pay stub for that employer, you should be able to find this information listed.

Obtain Your Tax Return

To get an actual photocopy of your W-2 from the IRS, you must order your entire tax return and W2 online by completing Form 4506. On the form, include the 1040 series you are requesting. You can get up to seven years of tax returns for a 1040 series. Mail Form 4506 and your payment to the IRS location stated on the form. Give the agency up to 60 calendar days to send you your return.

Alternatively, you can request a free transcript of your W-2 from the IRS by completing Form 4506-T. The transcript is not an actual photocopy of your W-2 but is rather a printout of most of the information on the form. It does not include state tax data. You can request up to 10 years of W-2 transcripts from the IRS, excluding the current tax year. Mail or fax Form 4506-T to the IRS at the address or fax number provided on the form. Alternatively, you may request a W-2 transcript by calling the IRS’s toll-free number. Allow the agency 10 business days to process your request.

Request a State Copy of Your W-2

If your employer withheld state taxes from your wages, you might be able to get a duplicate W-2 from your state revenue agency. The cost of a duplicate W-2 from the state might be less than ordering a copy of your entire tax return from the IRS. There may be drawbacks, however. For instance, duplicate W-2s from the California State Controller’s Office are available for only up to the last four years.


  • IRS: Employment Tax Recordkeeping
  • IRS: Missing Form W-2? IRS Can Help
  • IRS: How Long Should I Keep Records?
  • IRS: Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return
  • Internal Revenue Service. "About Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return." Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "Topic No. 156 Copy or Transcript of Your Tax Return–How to Get One." Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return." Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return," Page 1. Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "Transcript Types and Ways to Order Them." Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return." Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "Form 4506-T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript." Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "About the New Tax Transcript: FAQs." Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.
  • Internal Revenue Service. "Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return," Page 2. Accessed Jan. 23, 2020.

Writer Bio

Grace Ferguson has been writing professionally since 2009. With 10 years of experience in employee benefits and payroll administration, Ferguson has written extensively on topics relating to employment and finance. A research writer as well, she has been published in The Sage Encyclopedia and Mission Bell Media.


What if you didn’t receive or lost your Form W-2?

You may request a transcript of your New York State wage and withholding totals for a previous year. Once we verify your identity, we will mail you a New York State wage and tax transcript for each employer who reported wage and tax information to us. The information will include the following:

  • tax year
  • employer’s name
  • employer’s federal employer identification number (EIN)
  • total of any New York State, New York City and Yonkers wages
  • total of any New York State, New York City and Yonkers withholding

Note: Wages and withholding are shown as total amounts and are not broken down by New York State, New York City or Yonkers.

To request a transcript, call our Withholding Tax Information Center at 518-485-6654, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Have a tax return at hand so we can verify your identity for your protection.

how can i access my w2 online

Thematic video

✅ How Do You Get W2 Tax Form 🔴

Notice: Undefined variable: z_bot in /sites/ on line 148

Notice: Undefined variable: z_empty in /sites/ on line 148

3 Replies to “How can i access my w2 online”

  1. mngkin lngsung bisa hubungi CS Bni nya mba.. mngkin saja ada fitur yg belum aktif atau semacamnya"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *